HOW MUCH DOES ROOF MAINTENANCE COST IN THE HUNTSVILLE, AL AREA?
Huntsville residents can expect to pay between $200 and $400 for roof maintenance costs every year. However, this cost is well worth it to keep your home and family safe from the elements. Huntsville may be known for its severe weather, but with proper roof maintenance, you can be confident that your home will withstand whatever Mother Nature throws at it.
Every year, millions of homeowners replace their roofs, either because they have reached the end of their lifespan or recent storms have really done a number on them. But although everyone eventually needs to replace their roof, there are several roof maintenance tips for Huntsville shingle roofs you can use to avoid tearing yours off sooner rather than later.
We’ve put together a quick-hitting roof maintenance checklist that will help you identify and prevent the kind of damage that spells doom for your average roof.
THE ESSENTIAL ROOF MAINTENANCE CHECKLIST
- Check your roof regularly – Inspect your roof for damage every once in a while, and especially following extreme weather. Don’t worry; you don’t need to climb up there to check it. Just invest in a good pair of binoculars. Be sure to look for missing, curled, or cracked shingles, as well as peeling flashing and missing granules. If you notice any, give us a call.
- Have it professionally inspected – While that checklist will help, it’s still best to have your roof inspected at least once a year by a reputable roofing company, as they better understand warning signs and will be able to tell you how much longer you can expect your roof to last.
- Check attics & ceilings for leaks – Signs of a problem can also illustrate themselves inside your home. Pay attention to musty smells, water stains, spots, and bulging patches. If any of these are occurring, please call us.
- Washing – Those long, dark streaks on your roof shingles are algae. While algae isn’t an immediate danger, it can cause rot in the long term.
- Gutter cleaning – Though it seems obvious, it’s still essential. Clogged gutters don’t allow water to flow through them as designed, which can cause leaks and foundation problems. Be sure to clean them out every spring and fall.
- Keep tree branches trimmed – This will prevent them from possibly falling onto your home during a storm, as well as keep leaves from piling up and causing rot.
- Check your chimney – If your roof has a chimney, be sure to check it periodically for cracks and missing mortar. Any structural damage can lead to falling bricks. If you notice a sloping or leaning chimney, it could mean there are foundational issues. Call a roofing contractor like 2nd2None Roofing & Construction right now.
Better yet, call 2nd2None Roofing & Construction and have us take care of all your roof maintenance needs!